Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How do I get a reissued CP 575 IRS letter?

Customer Question
I need a copy of...

I need a copy of the CP-575 letter from the IRS stating that I am indeed registered with an EIN with the Federal Government

Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2010
Tax Professional: JKCPA, CPA replied 6 years ago
JKCPA
JKCPA, CPA

The CP575 is the notice the IRS issues when you are assigned an EIN. The IRS is unable to reissue or provide a copy of the CP575 notice. If you lost your original notice and need confirmation of your EIN, you can call the IRS business help line at 1-***-***-****. Tell them you cannot find your CP575 and would like a confirmation letter of your EIN.

The IRS will then send you a 147C letter that may be used instead of the CP575 notice. You may send a written request for the letter 147C but it would be faster to call and request on the phone.

Hope this helps

JKCPA
JKCPA, CPA
JKCPA
JKCPA
JKCPA, CPA