How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JKCPA Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5884
Experience:  CPA with tax experience.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
JKCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have not been employed since FEB of last year; I had filed

Resolved Question:

I have not been employed since FEB of last year; I had filed for income tax previous years, needing only the EZ Form. What do I do about this year? Should I be geeting a W-2 form from previous employer?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  JKCPA replied 6 years ago.
Hello Customer,

Thanks for your question.

If you did not have any income in 2010, you would not have to file a tax return. You will not receive a W-2 if you did not work in 2010. If you do have other income such as unemployment compensation or interest, you would only need to file a return if you meet the minimum filing requirements. For example, if you are single, under age 65, can claim yourself as a dependent and had gross income of about $9350 or less. If you had business income, you would also need to file a return. For reference, see this link.

Hope this helps!
JKCPA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you