How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MequonCPA Your Own Question
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2342
Experience:  CPA, Over 30 yrs experience w/individuals and small businesses. Masters in Tax.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
MequonCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im not sure if Im posing this question in the right place.

Resolved Question:

I'm not sure if I'm posing this question in the right place. If we change our sole-proprietorship from my husband's name to mine, would we be required to get a new tax ID and bascially have to start new?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  MequonCPA replied 6 years ago.



A change in ownership of a sole proprietorship in the state of Washington requires a new Master Application for business license. See page 8 of the WA Business Tax Guide. (Link below)


MequonCPA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions