Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

What Are the Tax Implications of taking money out of a retirement

Customer Question
estate Account to start a...
What Are the Tax Implications of taking money out of a retirement estate Account to start a small law firm. Would it be better to use the money as tuition?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
12/2/2010
Tax Professional: Richard, Tax Attorney replied 6 years ago
Richard, Tax Attorney

Good afternoon. It really doesn't make any difference...either way you will pay income tax on the withdrawal and if you are under 59 1/2, you will also have a 10% early withdrawal penalty.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard, Tax Attorney
Richard, Tax Attorney