How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brenda Guy Your Own Question
Brenda Guy
Brenda Guy, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 151
Experience:  20 years of working with income and estate tax issues for families and businesses.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Brenda Guy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend and I started an S-corp in 2008 for basically no

Resolved Question:

My friend and I started an S-corp in 2008 for basically no reason, because we never did anything with it. So now that I am try to dissolve the corporation I realize that I still need to file past tax returns for 2008 and 2009. Is this something I should try to do on my own?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Brenda Guy replied 6 years ago.

You could probably go ahead and do these yourself since there is no activity. So you just file in the corp info on forms 1120S for fed and 100S for state and put zeros in for the income and other numbers needed. You will need to pay the $800 for California for each year if you haven't already. You may also have to file and pay 2010 since it is already December.

Brenda Guy and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you