How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 55142
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, All I have rental income from few houses and wonder

Resolved Question:

Hi, All

I have rental income from few houses and wonder there would have more tax benefit if filing such income under an corporation name other than personal income.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

Good evening. First, you don't want to own real estate income in a C Corporation because when you go to get the money out of the corporation, you get taxed on it a second time. Thus, you would want to put your property into either an S corporation or an LLC. This would give you limited liability, but the tax aspects simply flow through. The result is that you get the same income and deductions as if you owned it no different ... better or effects, but limited liability.



I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!


If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.


If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.


The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your reply, my major concern is, since rental income for comapny

(LLC) can claim business expense for more tax deduction, if for personal income,

it would not have such option and have a higher taxable amount.


























Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
You can claim the same deductions as an LLC as personally. There is no difference. Expenses are either deductible or doesn't make any difference what entity structure you have.
Richard and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you