Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I did my 2009 taxes with my brother helping me. He used Turbo

Customer Question
I did my 2009 taxes...
I did my 2009 taxes with my brother helping me. He used Turbo Tax on line and it was the first time in a long time that I had not used a tax service. I'm not sure if he forgot to print out my information or if he did, I forgot it at his house. Anyway, because of it, I forgot completely about sending my property taxes in. I got to thinking in October that I had not gotten my property tax refund back. I asked my bother about it and he looked it up on his computer. I went to his house for Thanksgiving and he found where he stuck my tax form copies. I was suppose to get $136 back for my property taxes. Is it too late for me to try to send it in now, to get my $136 back?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
12/2/2010
Tax Professional: jgordosea, Enrolled Agent replied 6 years ago
jgordosea
jgordosea, Enrolled Agent

Greetings,

According to the site at Homeowners refund

"Returns can be filed up to a year after the due date. After that, you cannot claim a refund. The deadline for the 2009 return is August 15, 2011."

To apply for either the regular property tax refund or the special property tax refund use Form M1PR, Minnesota Property Tax Refund.

Based on that information there should not be any problem in you still getting a Minnesota property tax refund for 2009 if you qualify.

jgordosea
jgordosea, Enrolled Agent
jgordosea
jgordosea
jgordosea, Enrolled Agent