Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If taxpayer lives in 2 family house and he is renting one part

Customer Question
of the house out. Filing...
If taxpayer lives in 2 family house and he is renting one part of the house out. Filing statue MFS. can he file form 8582
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
12/1/2010
Tax Professional: RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 6 years ago
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

RD :

H, Thank you for using justanswer. Form 8582 is for passive activity loss limitations. Rental losses are considered passive loss and hence, if you do have a loss, you will file Form 8582

JACUSTOMER-lf3qkgua- :

Why not a SCH E

JACUSTOMER-lf3qkgua- :

An individual can use Form 8582 even though there filing status is MFS

JACUSTOMER-lf3qkgua- :

Hello are you still there.

RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
RD
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)