How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 55703
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in California an I own property with another parties.

This answer was rated:

I live in California an I own property with another parties. I own 3/4 an the other parties own 1/4 of 5 ac. The parties have not pay a dine for the property an they don't pay taxes. I have all way pay the taxes. Well I stop paying tax for almost 5 years. I want to no if there is a way I can get the property in my name. I don't want to lose the property over taxes but I don't want to keep paying all the taxes myself this has been going on for approx. 15 yaers. I want the property in my name. Please advise. Thank You

Good morning. You can get this property. Here's what you do. Pay the taxes and then file a claim against each of the other owners for the taxes that you paid on their behalf. You will get a judgment. Upon getting your judgment, you can then foreclose on their interest in the property to collect your judgment.



I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!


If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.


If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.


The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you