Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Would a company that provides engineering and construction

Customer Question
services charge sales tax to...
Would a company that provides engineering and construction services charge sales tax to a telecommunications company that is regulated by the georgia public service commission? Are those types of telecom companies tax exempt?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 day by:
12/2/2010
Tax Professional: Lindie-mod,
 replied 7 years ago
Lindie-mod

Hi

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Best,
Lindie
Moderator

Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 7 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.

Thank you for your patience too as we experts researched your situation. Although GA does offer exemption from sales tax to certain industries that are under the Public Service Commission, your situation does not fall under and exemption for the tele communications company.

Here is a link to the total exemption list for GA Sales Tax:

https://etax.dor.ga.gov/salestax/TLP_2010_List_of_Sales_and_Use_Tax_Exemptions.pdf

The company would have the appropriate ST letter or Letter of Authorization to produce at time of transaction if they were exempt from the sales tax.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX information is helpful,

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4