Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

What goes on Line 1 of Form 2290 if a vehicle was not used

Customer Question
during a year?...
What goes on Line 1 of Form 2290 if a vehicle was not used during a year?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
11/3/2010
Tax Professional: jgordosea, Enrolled Agent replied 7 years ago
jgordosea
jgordosea, Enrolled Agent

Greetings,

Form 2290 must be filed for each month a taxable vehicle is first used on public highways during the current period.

Form 2290 is not filed if there was not use of the vehicle on public highways during the current period.

See When To File for more details.

jgordosea
jgordosea, Enrolled Agent
Tax Professional: William Ellis, CPA, CPA replied 7 years ago
William Ellis, CPA

Good evening,

Looking at Form 2290, you are supposed to list vehicles that had less than 5,000 driven as suspended. Enter the VIN number on Page 3 and check line 7 to show the truck as suspended.

Thanks,

Bill Ellis

William Ellis, CPA
William Ellis, CPA
William Ellis, CPA
William Ellis, CPA, CPA