How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jacy Your Own Question
Jacy, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 568
Experience:  Nine years individual income tax preparation and consulting
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Jacy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister has worked many food service jobs since she was 16

This answer was rated:

My sister has worked many food service jobs since she was 16 years old and has moved numerous time. Over time even though she has paid as single no dependents, she has not filed returns for some time. What does she need to do?



If your sister does not have the W-2's and any other income documents, she will need to visit her local IRS office to get a Transcript for each of the past three years. (2007,2008, and 2009). These are the years that are still open for getting a refund. The Transcript will contain the information she needs to file the returns. Some IRS offices offer Taxpayer assistance with filing the returns. If there is not an office nearby, she can get the Transcripts by calling(NNN) NNN-NNNNor by filing form 4506-T.


The IRS will probably not require her to go back farther than this unless the returns are showing balances due. Hopefully, she has refunds coming.


Please click Reply if I can help you further.


Thank you!

Jacy and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions