Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Recently my mother who is now 82 recieved the first of two

Customer Question
inheritance settlements of 75K &39K...
Recently my mother who is now 82 recieved the first of two inheritance settlements of 75K &39K respectively from my dads brother how passed away. My father is aslo decesed also. Will my mother be lible for this inheritance tax wise?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
11/1/2010
Tax Professional: Richard, Tax Attorney replied 7 years ago
Richard, Tax Attorney
What state does your mother live in? Thank you!
Texas

Thank you. Texas has no inheritance or estate tax. And, there would be no federal estate tax due. As a result, your mother would incur no tax liability as a result of these payments.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard, Tax Attorney
Richard, Tax Attorney