How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jacy Your Own Question
Jacy, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 568
Experience:  Nine years individual income tax preparation and consulting
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Jacy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

a head of house who is under age 65 and not someones dependdant

Customer Question

a head of house who is under age 65 and not someone's dependdant must file a reutnin 2009 if gross income exceed ___ if there is not self employment
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jacy replied 6 years ago.



You are correct. For a Head of Household, under 65, a return should be filed if Gross income exceeds $12,000. A return should be filed to claim a refund if there is federal tax withheld from any of the income.


I hope this has been helpful to you.

If I have adequately answered your question, please click the GREEN ACCEPT button.

If you need more information after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to help you further.


Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

qualifying child test differs from which test that applies to a dependent

Expert:  Jacy replied 6 years ago.
Can you please clarify your question?