Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am a physician employed by the state. Can I deduct professional

Customer Question
license fees, educational seminars, educational...
I am a physician employed by the state. Can I deduct professional license fees, educational seminars, educational books, professional organization fees on my taxes?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2010
Tax Professional: Richard, Tax Attorney replied 7 years ago
Richard, Tax Attorney

Good morning. Yes, you can deduct these expenses. Whether or not they will produce any tax benefit or not will depend upon your income and other expenses.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard, Tax Attorney