Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I BOUGHT A BUSINESS NOVEMBER 1 2009. IT WAS AN LLC. I FILED

Customer Question
MY TAXES AS A LLC...
I BOUGHT A BUSINESS NOVEMBER 1 2009. IT WAS AN LLC. I FILED MY TAXES AS A LLC PARTNERSHIP. THE PAPERWORK FOR THE SALE WAS ALL MESSED UP AND THE SELLERS ACCOUNTANT HAD HIM CHANGE THE BUSINESS TO A S CORP AND IT WAS DATED BACK TO NOV 1 2009. SO DO I NEED TO SOMEHOW AMEND MY TAXES SINCE I FILED A LLC PARTNERSHIP INSTEAD OF A S CORP AND WILL I BE PENALIZED?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
10/3/2010
Tax Professional: Richard, Tax Attorney replied 7 years ago
Richard, Tax Attorney

Good morning. You do not need to amend your individual return because will be no tax differential as partnerships and S corps are both pass-through entities and so the items flowing through to your return will be the same.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard, Tax Attorney
Richard, Tax Attorney