William Ellis, CPA
William Ellis, CPA, CPA
Experience:  Over 15 years of experience in public accounting
50200401

I am a 76 year old U.S. Citizen, permanent resident of Spain,

Customer Question

I am a 76 year old U.S. Citizen, permanent resident of Spain, married to a Spanish citizen. We own our home in Spain. We do not have any property or assets in the U.S. I have constantly been in Spain since 06/01/1967 (365 days each year). I have been employed in Spain and pay all taxes equal to that of other Spanish citizens. My income tax here is 35% of my salary. i sent my 1040 with form 2555EZ and received a request for a 2555 form which I mailed furnishing the foregoing data. The form 2555 foreign earned exclusion is $91,400.00. Total foreign income: 78,166.85. U.S.Social security tax came to $5.543.00 due to U.S.Social security payments recieved: $13,044.00. Would also desire info regarding effect of Income Tax Convention with Spain "For the Avoidance of Double Taxation"
Category: Tax
Expert:  William Ellis, CPA replied 7 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
William Ellis, CPA :

How much of your income is "earned" income versus investment income? Have you been filing with the IRS continuously since 1968? Thanks, Bill

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
All of my income is earned income