Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

i am the beneficary of money in a trust i am 75 years old and

Customer Question
wanted to know f the...
i am the beneficary of money in a trust i am 75 years old and wanted to know f the trust doesn't restrict my removing money am limited by the IRS by any penalty,i know i wll pay taxes on any money i remove at end of year
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
9/3/2010
Tax Professional: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

There is no penalty for taking a distribution from a private trust. And, you may or may not have a tax liability, depending upon whether or not the distribution is principal or interest.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

socrateaser, Lawyer
socrateaser, Lawyer