How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15747
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi I work in philadelphia city but I live in NJ. iN MY pay

Resolved Question:

I work in philadelphia city but I live in NJ.
iN MY pay check both philadelphia city and state taxes are being deducted.
can I claim my money back for philadelphia city and PA STATE TAXES AT THE END OF THE YEAR AS i LIVE IN NJ
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 7 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Robin D :

Hello and thank yo for using Just Answer.
If you are a New Jersey resident and Pennsylvania income tax was withheld from wages you earned there, you must file a Pennsylvania return to obtain a refund. To stop the withholding of Pennsylvania income tax, New Jersey residents who receive compensation from Pennsylvania must complete Form REV-420, Employee's Statement of Nonresidence in Pennsylvania and Authorization to Withhold Other State’s Income Tax, and give it to their employer.
I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX information is helpful,

Robin D :

Please note that the New Jersey/Pennsylvania Reciprocal Agreement does not apply to the income or wage tax imposed and collected by the City of Philadelphia or any other municipality in Pennsylvania. Thus, a New Jersey resident who works in Philadelphia and pays city wage taxes may claim a credit for the taxes paid to Philadelphia.

JACUSTOMER-q7kk6nij- :

Thanks for your reply.

JACUSTOMER-q7kk6nij- :

thank you so much

Robin D. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you