Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

what is the us taxation on capital gains (long term) for national

Customer Question
foreigners (residing in South America)...
what is the us taxation on capital gains (long term) for national foreigners (residing in South America) This questionb is related to a Real Estate investment
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
9/2/2010
Tax Professional: RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 7 years ago
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Chat Conversation Started
RD :

Are you a non resident alien or a US Citizen living in foreign country?

RD :

Is this gain from sale of real property?

JACUSTOMER-0qq06oh3- :

it is a client of mine that is an Argentine citizen residing in Argentina and is buying a condo in Florida

JACUSTOMER-0qq06oh3- :

It is his intention to buy and keep it (a REal Estate investment) for a couple of years and would like to know what will be his tax break.

JACUSTOMER-0qq06oh3- :

Some CPA's have told me it should be tax at 15% and another one at 30%.

JACUSTOMER-0qq06oh3- :

I need to be able to give him a correct and the IRS resolution showing it

JACUSTOMER-0qq06oh3- :

By the time I received your message on my email you are already offline,

JACUSTOMER-0qq06oh3- :

Thanks but so far it didn't help me

RD
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)