How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chad Oberg Your Own Question
Chad Oberg
Chad Oberg, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 174
Experience:  10 + years of accounting and tax experience, financial statements and business planning
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Chad Oberg is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

IRS change of address I have extensions for both my personal

This answer was rated:

IRS change of address?

I have extensions for both my personal 2009 filing and my s corp 1120s filing. I need to change the mailing address the IRS has on record for each. I'm finally ready to file.

What's the best way to change the address? Should I file with the old addresses, then send in a separate change of address form later? Or is that combined with the filing somehow?







You can change the address on the tax return upon filing for the return.

If you plan to move after filing your return, use Form 8822 to notify the IRS of your new address.




There is a check box on the return to indicate that the address has changed or if the return is filed use the following:


If the corporation has changed its address since it last filed a return (including a change to an "in care of" address), check the "Address change" box. If a change in address occurs after

the return is filed, use Form 8822, Change of Address, to notify the IRS of the new address.


If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Or if you accept my answer, please accept and conclude this correspondence.






Chad Oberg and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you