Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

my husband passed away april 29, 2010 and was retired from

Customer Question
END a divsion of GM...
my husband passed away april 29, 2010 and was retired from END a divsion of GM. I am a surviving spouse entitled to a portion of his pension (1400.00 a month). He took a lesser amount of his pension so that I would have this surviving benefit. Is this amount taxable for me? Both federal & state. I am a resident of lexington, kentucky.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
8/3/2010
Tax Professional: Merlo, Accountant replied 7 years ago
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant

Hello Patricia,

Yes, this pension income will be taxable to you, the same as it was taxable to your husband. It will be taxable at both the federal and state levels.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. It is the only way we receive any questions for helping with these questions.

Thank you Patricia

Merlo
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant