How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask jgordosea Your Own Question
jgordosea, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3161
Experience:  I've prepared all types of taxes since 1987.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
jgordosea is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a client that want to resign as a shareholder from an

Resolved Question:

I have a client that want to resign as a shareholder from an S corporation. We need to write a letter to the remaining board of directors? Please tell me how to go about writing the letter, she has contributed capital and is willing to forgo it to get off the corporation. Thanks
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  jgordosea replied 6 years ago.



Yes, a letter should be written to resign. It can be quite simple. For example:




I, ________________________, hereby resign as __________________ of ____________________________________________, Inc., to take effect immediately.





It also appears that she wishes to abandon the shares she was issued in the corporation. She should return the share certificates to the corporation with another letter simply expressing that, as well. Just replace "resign" with "abandon the shares enclosed" or something similar.



jgordosea and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you