Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

We are a non-profit org. and we hire sub contractors to to

the work why do we...
We are a non-profit org. and we hire sub contractors to to the work why do we have to have workman comp.
8/3/2010
Karla
Karla, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
The concept of worker's comp is to protect the employer from liability in matters related to employees being injured on the job. Employers that have workers comp cannot be sued if an employee is injured on the job.

I understand that you have sub-contractors, but you are an employee correct and maybe a couple of other employees, office staff? Worker's comp is rated depending on the type of worker's you have. In other words, office workers are not charged as high a rate as construction workers, because construction workers have a higher risk of an on-the-job injury.

Please contact your insurance agent or broker as soon as possible. This coverage will protect your NPO's assets so that you can continue doing the work you are doing.
Karla
Karla
Karla