How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15432
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my husband and i own a small business in oklahoma i have filed

Customer Question

my husband and i own a small business in oklahoma i have filed for the years 2007 and 2008 and currently have an extension for2009 but i have not paid y sales taxes for those 2 years can i get some kind of help so we dont have to pay so much penalty and interest for those 2 years
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 7 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.

Upon payment of the tax, any taxpayer may request a waiver of the assessed penalty and or interest. Facts surrounding the circumstances that prevented timely filing and or payment should be included when making the request.

It appear that they are being a little more lenient than they have to be. As I stated above, generally the business taxpayer is required to pay the entire amount of tax before they are allowed any leeway in the tax debt.

You acted very responsibly in speaking with OTC before the situation got totally out of hand. Business owners like you receive more assistance form tax authorities when they maintain the communication lines.

I know the economy is still not great but, if you can pay the 20% then you could request the abatement of the penalties and interest. This would reduce the remaining amount you owe.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX information is helpful,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
I no longer need an answer. The answer I recieved came too late and I have already taken my tax papers to the Oklahoma Tax Commission.

Related Tax Questions