How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark D Your Own Question
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1304
Experience:  MBA, EA, Specializing in Business and Individual Tax Returns and Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark D is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently owe taxes (NY state) for 2008 and 2009. Have not

Customer Question

I currently owe taxes (NY state) for 2008 and 2009. Have not filed but will have a balance around $4500.00. I currently live in Virginia. Can I get a payment plan and will they approve me for one given the fact that I did not file in 2008?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark D replied 6 years ago.

New York will not approve a payment plan until all required tax returns have been filed. You will need to file 2008 and 2009 before a plan would be considered. Please let me know if you have further questions.


Mark D
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.

Related Tax Questions