Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Is the C-Corp Medical Reimbursement plan still in effect (Section

213(e)of the 1954 Code?...
Is the C-Corp Medical Reimbursement plan still in effect (Section 213(e)of the 1954 Code?
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/2/2010
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent

A Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) plan can be adopted by any employer, although special rules apply to partnerships, S-Corps and sole props as far as to who is considered a qualified employee. Generally a C-Corp can contribute to a shareholder or officer as long as the plan does not discriminate against other eligible employees. Section 213 generally deals with definitions of allowed medical expenses for many purposes. Section 105(b) is the regulation that states such amounts are excluded from gross income. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Mark D
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
Mark D
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent