How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Completed Fed Income Tax in law school, 10 years preparing personally tax returns
Type Your Tax Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother deeded her home over to me. She owed a few years

This answer was rated:

My mother deeded her home over to me. She owed a few years back taxes on it. I know that I am responsible for these back taxes now. She recently won an appeal with Social Services, where she was declared disabled from 2007, making her eligible for SSI, Medicare, ETC.

My question is, isn't she eligible for General Statute 105-277.1 Property Tax Homestead Exclusion For Elderly Or Disabled Persons, for the years 2007-2010?
She could file an application for retroactive application of his disability for those years.
legaleagle and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you