How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

the answer i was looking for was to see if the advance from

Customer Question

the answer i was looking for was to see if the advance from 35616 to 38240 How much more taxes is due on larger amount than smaller I am getting ready to retire and need to those tax amounts per year
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 6 years ago.

Hello JA Customer,


Can you please tell me if you file your taxes as single or married?



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Merlo replied 6 years ago.

Hello again JA Customer,


After applying your standard deduction as a single taxpayer and one personal allowance, this increase in income would not put you in a higher tax bracket. Your highest bracket will remain at 15%. That means that on an increase of $2,624 in income you would pay an additional $394 for the year in federal income taxes.


If this was helpful please press the Accept button. It is the only way we receive any credit for helping with these questions.


Thank you JA Customer