How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If Im employed by a AR-based company, but work out of their

This answer was rated:

If I'm employed by a AR-based company, but work out of their Dallas-based office, do I have to still pay AR state taxes?

Hello JA Customer,


State taxes are paid to the following states:


1. The state where you reside and

2. Any state where you physically work and have income


State tax is not based on where the home office of the employer is located. It is based on the state where you reside and/or the state where you work. If you actually physically work in the state of TX, then the only way you would owe taxes to the state of AR is if AR was your resident state.


If this was helpful please press the Accept button. It is the only way we receive credit for helping with these questions.


Thank you JA Customer



Merlo and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you