How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask BK-CPA Your Own Question
BK-CPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 933
Experience:  Owner of a CPA firm
Type Your Tax Question Here...
BK-CPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how deep into debt with the irs do you have to be to be able

Customer Question

how deep into debt with the irs do you have to be to be able to use a service
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  BK-CPA replied 7 years ago.

There is no direct answer to "deepness of debt" with the IRS, and what service? You can use your free taxpayer advocates:,,id=212313,00.html


Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) Mission: As an independent organization within the IRS, we help taxpayers resolve problems with the IRS and recommend changes that will prevent the problems.


Here are seven things every taxpayer should know about TAS:


1. TAS is your voice at the IRS.

2. Our service is free, confidential, and tailored to meet your needs.


3. You may be eligible for TAS help if you have tried to resolve your tax problem through normal IRS channels and have gotten nowhere, or you believe an IRS procedure just isn't working as it should.


4. TAS helps taxpayers whose problems are causing financial difficulty or significant cost, including the cost of professional representation. This includes businesses as well as individuals.


5. TAS employees know the IRS and how to navigate it. We will listen to your problem, help you understand what needs to be done to resolve it, and stay with you every step of the way until your problem is resolved.


6. TAS has at least one local taxpayer advocate in every state, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. You can call your local advocate, whose number is XXXXX your phone book, in Publication 1546, Taxpayer Advocate Service -- Your Voice at the IRS, and on our website at Contact Your Advocate. You can also call our toll-free case intake line at 1-877-777-4778.


7. You can learn about your rights and responsibilities as a taxpayer by visiting our online tax toolkit at .