Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I worked on my taxes in April and paid $10.77 and decided to…

Customer Question
I worked on my taxes...
I worked on my taxes in April and paid $10.77 and decided to file an extension. Why is it trying to charge me $49?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 day by:
6/27/2010
Tax Professional: Jesse Handel, Tax Preparer replied 8 years ago
Jesse Handel
Jesse Handel, Tax Preparer
Hello. Thank you for coming to Just Answer and allowing us to help you with your tax question. I need more information before I can help you. You say that you paid $10.77 and filed an extension. Who or what organization did you pay the $10.77 to? You say that it is trying to charge you $49. Who or what is it that is trying to charge you $49? Did you prepare your tax return for 2009? Did your tax return show that you owed money to the IRS or your state or that you were due a refund? Thank you for the additional information so that I can correctly answer your question.