Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

We are a pure start-up and we just raised $6M and I want guidance

Customer Question
on classifying costs related to...
We are a pure start-up and we just raised $6M and I want guidance on classifying costs related to closing the financing i.e what can be charged against the proceeds and what has to be charged to P&L. thanks
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
6/3/2010
Tax Professional: RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 7 years ago
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Is $6 M loan taken by you? What is the loan for?
IS your question related to closing costs for the loan?
It is not a loan, it is a Series A capital financing. My question concerns costs associated with the funding i.e legal costs for company and investor, appraisal for FMV of common stock, success fee as % of capital raised, I want to know what I can apply against the proceeds and what I have run through the P&L. Thanks
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney