How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15441
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My emoloyer recieved a notice of garnishment about 2 months

This answer was rated:

My emoloyer recieved a notice of garnishment about 2 months ago. I negotiated with the state Tax board, and they gave me a release for that garnishment because I setup a payment plan with them. I forwarded that release to me employer, but in the mean time their payroll company has failed to make the proper payments out of my payroll check to the tax board. Now the Tax Board wants to garnish 25% of my gross pay. What can I do?

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.

If an additional balance accrues on a delinquent account, the CA FTB may issue another garnishment. If they issue a garnishment in error, they will release it as soon as they verify the error.

Call(NNN) NNN-NNNNso they can analyze your account. You will be able to explain what happened in regard to your employer.

It is illegal for a company not to comply, and the FTB may hold the employer personally responsible for the tax debt if they do not comply.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX information is helpful,


Robin D. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you