How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerri A Harrison CFP EA Your Own Ques...
Gerri A Harrison CFP EA
Gerri A Harrison CFP EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 252
Experience:  27 years of preparing income tax returns - both personal and small business
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Gerri A Harrison CFP EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do you do taxes for people who reside in PA

Customer Question

Do you do taxes for people who reside in PA?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Gerri A Harrison CFP EA replied 7 years ago.

Yes I do. My office is just over the border of PA in Johnson City NY and I have a lot of clients who live and/or work in PA.


Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hello Ms. Harrison,

I didn't realize that I was typing a question to you that would result in payment. I did Accept your answer to my other question just now.

What I wanted to do was see if you were available to do my taxes for me. I live in Philadelphia. I have a solo law practice in Philadelphia County. I opened my solo practice in June 2009 (haven't applied for the Business Privilege License or payed the $300 tax for either 2009 or 2010.)

I am licensed to practice law in PA, NY, and NJ. (I do not do Tax Law or Estates Law obviously :-). I am currently in the hopefully tail end of an acrimonious divorce that has been going on for 3 1/2 years since the separation on January 28, 2007. I have not yet done any work in NY (admitted December 1995, resided there until 1997) or NJ (admitted February 2009).

I did get an EIN last year for the business (Law Offices of Nilmini Klur, Esq.), but I need to set it up as an LLC.

Despite being a lawyer, I tend to be a mess when it comes to taxes, though I willingly pay the penalties and I absolutely never mess with the IRS - I keep reminding myself that they are the ones that put Al Capone in jail. But I don't think I have filed taxes in five years. But, I've had no income either except for APL payments for about 2 years. I think my husband has been filing individually. (There are reasons for this state-of-mind that I have been in for over 5 years, which if we establish a business relationship, I will let you know about. I truly am a very ethical person with a lot of integrity.)

The estate is in Ohio. Most of the estate is in a trust. It's a mess because my dad is trying to fight me. A lawyer friend in Philly is willing to handle the estate issue for me. I intend on putting the money in a spendthrift trust with my 9 1/2-year-old son and myself as the beneficiaries and my personal lawyer as the Trustee. (Having me as both Settlor and Beneficiary of a Spendthrift trust is going to have to somehow be set up as a legal issue in order to satisfy the requirements of a Spendthrift trust.)

Based on the above, do you think you could handle my business and personal taxes? If this is not the way I'm supposed to contact you according to rules, can you tell me how I can get in touch with you without violating their agreement.

Nilmini Klur [email protected]