Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

What does it mean when they say that The collection action

Customer Question
What does it mean when...
What does it mean when they say that :The collection action has been sustained: ??
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/3/2010
Tax Professional: Merlo, Accountant replied 7 years ago
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant

Hello JA Customer,

Who sent you a notice with this statement? Was this from the IRS?

Yes the Brookhaven Apeals Office

Hello again justanother child,

When the IRS has initiated a collection action against you, such as a wage garnishment or levy on your bank account or similar action, and you filed an appeal or request that the levy not be initiated, when you receive a notice that the collection action has been sustained that means that the appeals panel has determined that the levy is justified and will be put in place as originally intended.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button.

Thank youCustomer/p>

Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Merlo
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant