How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marvin,EA Your Own Question
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1672
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Marvin,EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just retire this mont. I would like to roll over my TSP into

Customer Question

I just retire this mont. I would like to roll over my TSP into a Roth IRA. I need help determining how much my tax liability would be if I did this.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thanks you for using Just Answer. Your accountant is correct that the tax on the conversion will be about $54,000 but you will be able to split the conversion income evenly between 2011 and 2012, unless you elect to report the full amount in 2010.