How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask BK-CPA Your Own Question
BK-CPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 933
Experience:  Owner of a CPA firm
Type Your Tax Question Here...
BK-CPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi - I am going to start working as an Independent Cont. I

Resolved Question:

Hi - I am going to start working as an Independent Cont. I currently have an IRS bill of $881/mo. I started a new company under a separate tax id for my new paychecks to go into. My question is how do I get that money into my personal account from the corp without paying double taxes?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  BK-CPA replied 7 years ago.

If you have an S-Corporation, this isn't an issue.


To avoid double-taxation for a C-corporation, you can bonus out all of the income to salary. If the C-Corporation has no income, the corporation also has a $0 tax liability. You, in turn, would show all the income as wages on your personal income tax return.


Waiting until year-end to take a salary, or paying an unreasonable salary and no dividends in the case of a C-Corp, can potentially lead to trouble, so make sure your salary is reasonable for the work you're doing.

BK-CPA and 5 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you