Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I had some extravagant expenses back in 1994 and the auditor

Customer Question
recommended more taxes. On...
I had some extravagant expenses back in 1994 and the auditor recommended more taxes. On appeal, the case was dismissed by the appeals office. Now that expense has been challenged. Is there any law of the case or such? They review and okay; same situation only they now reverse? I write book and plays so I was taking the expenses of the business.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
5/1/2010
Tax Professional: Merlo, Accountant replied 7 years ago
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant

Hello barr,

Cases heard on appeal are not the same as actual tax court cases. Appeals are not made part of case law and there are no formal records of those proceedings.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button.

Thank you barr

Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Merlo
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant