How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had some extravagant expenses back in 1994 and the auditor

Resolved Question:

I had some extravagant expenses back in 1994 and the auditor recommended more taxes. On appeal, the case was dismissed by the appeals office. Now that expense has been challenged. Is there any law of the case or such? They review and okay; same situation only they now reverse? I write book and plays so I was taking the expenses of the business.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 7 years ago.

Hello barr,


Cases heard on appeal are not the same as actual tax court cases. Appeals are not made part of case law and there are no formal records of those proceedings.


If this was helpful please press the Accept button.


Thank you barr



Merlo and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you