How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

this is a rental property tax deduction question. We own

Customer Question

this is a rental property tax deduction question.
We own 2 rental properties, a small house in Florida and a small house in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Over the past 2 years we have traveled to each and had to do many repairs to maintain each property. Our income is salary and dividends. Sadly we don't break even, or make any profit on either property. We need to know if we should turn in the totals of the expenses to maintain each for deductions just as though both properties were in the US. We were told this would be acceptable, but want to make sure.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

Answered at this link.


Note: you can ignore system communications concerning this question, or ask customer service to close it as a duplicate.