How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wendy Reed Your Own Question
Wendy Reed
Wendy Reed, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3346
Experience:  15+ years tax preparation and tax advice.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wendy Reed is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I E filed and it was accepted. After checking my return I found

This answer was rated:

I E filed and it was accepted. After checking my return I found that I failed to include some dividend income. How do I correct this problem?

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I will give the best answer that I can with the information provided.


Hello there,

Since your return is for all practical purposes filed, you will need to file an amended return to include the dividend income. It may result in an increased tax liability, or possibly not at all for the federal return--as some qualifying dividends are taxed at 0% if a person is in the 15% tax bracket.


The amended return is Form 1040X.


Please let me know if you need additional assistance.

Wendy Reed and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you