Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My wife filed married filing seperately, we live together.

Customer Question
We have a child and...
My wife filed married filing seperately, we live together. We have a child and she claimed him. Is she allowed to do that without me agreeing to it. Am I now not allowed to claim my son? Thank You
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
4/1/2010
Tax Professional: RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 7 years ago
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Who does the child live with?

Form 2120 is required for claiming Qualified relatives. To claim a child under 24 years of age- he is considered a Qualifying child and such a form is not required.

Here is a link for your reference on who can claim-

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p501/ar02.html#en_US_publink1000220886

Let me know if you have any question.

Please note: This advice is provided with the understanding that all the relevant facts have been provided by you. Any change in facts might affect the advice given and hence may not be relied on in such cases. Nothing contained in this reply was intended or written to be used, can be used by any taxpayer, or may be relied upon or used by any taxpayer for the purposes of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.

RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
we live together
all 3 of us live in the same house.
RD
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)