How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephen G. Your Own Question
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7119
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Stephen G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I recently created a single member LLC that is treated

Resolved Question:


I recently created a single member LLC that is treated as a disregarded entity for tax purposes. I would like to contribute $10k to the business to fund expenses. I have a separate bank account set up for the LLC-- can I just transfer the funds from my personal bank account to the LLC's, or are there other steps I need to take?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 7 years ago.

Hi & thanks for using our service. I'll do my best to give you a complete & accurate answer. Please ask me to clarify anything you don't understand.


Yes. You can do that with no problem. Just make sure you keep track of how much you put in to the account for accounting purposes & don't mistake it for revenue as it will be included in your total deposits for the month in your bank statement.

Stephen G. and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you