Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My wife and I are living separately due to our jobs. I am

Customer Question
My wife and I are...
My wife and I are living separately due to our jobs. I am in Michigan, she is in NY. Can I still file my Fed return Married jointly?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
3/2/2010
Tax Professional: RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 7 years ago
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Yes, if you are married as of the end of the year, you can file married filing joint even if you live separate.

Let me know if you have any question.

Please note: This advice is provided with the understanding that all the relevant facts have been provided by you. Any change in facts might affect the advice given and hence may not be relied on in such cases. Nothing contained in this reply was intended or written to be used, can be used by any taxpayer, or may be relied upon or used by any taxpayer for the purposes of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.

RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
RD
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)