JKCPA
JKCPA, CPA
Experience:  CPA with tax experience.
23848519

I cant find my W-2 but it was only a temporary job. I have

I can't find my W-2 but it was only a temporary job. I have no itemized deductions. Is there a system where I can file my taxes over the phone and the IRS already knows my income and withholding? Or do I have to get another copy of my W2 or something.
Category: Tax
Expert:  JKCPA replied 7 years ago.

Hello terrie,

Thanks for your question.

There is no telephone filing anymore. You would have to try to get a copy of your W-2. If this was for the 2009 tax year. you should contact your previous employer's payroll office or temporary agency for to get a copy of it.

If you are unable to get a copy, contact the IRS for assistance at(NNN) NNN-NNNN When you call, you'll need to provide your name, address, Social Security number, phone number and have the following information:

*Employer's name, address, city and state, including zip code and phone number

*Dates of employment

*An estimate of the wages you earned, the federal income tax withheld, and when you worked for that employer during 2009. The estimate should be based on year-to-date information from your final pay stub, if possible. They will ask your employer to re-issue you a W-2.

If you have not received your W-2 by by April 15th, and have completed the above instructions, you may use Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2. Attach Form 4852 to the return, estimating income and withholding taxes as accurately as possible.

If it was for the 2008 year or prior, you can file a Form 4506-T with the IRS for a transcript copy of your W-2.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,