Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

i failed to file my tax in 2004

Customer Question
i failed to file my tax in 2004
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
3/1/2010
Tax Professional: Merlo, Accountant replied 7 years ago
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant

What do you mean that your quarter is not accounted?

iF YOU FILE A INCOME EVERY YEAR YOU GET SOME CREDITS TOWARDS SOCIAL SECURITY,

What type of income did you report for 2004?

Was it income from W-2 wages or income from self employment?

SELF EMPLOYMENT

Hello again Gsid,

If you reported income from self employment, then you should have also filed Schedule SE with your tax return to pay the SS and Medicare taxes that were due on that income. All you need to do is forward a copy of your Schedule SE to the SSA and they should be able to credit your account for 2004.

If you no longer have a copy of your Schedule SE, you can order a tax transcript from the IRS which will be a computerized printout of the forms and schedules that you filed for 2004. Call the IRS at(NNN) NNN-NNNNto order the tax transcript and it should be sent to you in around two weeks.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button.

Thank you GS

Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Merlo
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant