How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lawNinvest Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Type Your Tax Question Here...
lawNinvest is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can a city with-hold money from my disability pay

Customer Question

can a city with-hold money from my disability pay
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  lawNinvest replied 7 years ago.
Not without securing a judgment first. Disability pay can be withheld for child support, spousal support or tax liens owed on the property. So it would depend on the type of claim they are making and whether they have a judgment against you to be able to withhold your payments.


Please Note: My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This was for City Tax (RITA) city of lakewood, Ohio
Expert:  lawNinvest replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Let me transfer your question to our Tax experts to assist your further as they may have access to the local laws on this.

You will get a reply once it is transferred, so we appreciate your patience.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok, thank you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am still wating for an response, is there some one working on it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
why have my credit card been charged, when I have not recieved an answer. I have not accepted answer.