Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I took an 80s plus friend to Total Booking Service, 2155 Grand

Customer Question
I took an 80's plus...
I took an 80's plus friend to Total Booking Service,XXXXX Holiday 34690, about 4 weeks ago, to have her taxes done. She has been taking them there for at least 10 years.She was told they would take a week. They are closed, and have been for at least a week and a half. What are her options? Virginia McCallum
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
3/1/2010
Tax Professional: Merlo, Accountant replied 7 years ago
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant

HelloCustomer

What types of income did your friend have for the year?

Did she receive SS benefits or have any interest or other investment income?

Any income from private pensions?

Hello again wm,

If your friend has given this tax person all of her tax documents that she needs for preparing her tax return, then all she can do at this point is try to obtain duplicate copies of the forms she received. If she receives SS benefits, a duplicate copy of her SSA-1099 form can be obtained by calling the SSA or by filling out a request for a duplicate form on their website.

If she receives any private pension funds, she needs to call the pension provider and request duplicate copies of her 1099 forms. The same would be true if she receives any interest or other investment income.

You may want to file for an extension on her behalf which will give her until October 15th to file her return, just in case she is not able to get all of the forms prior to the normal April 15th deadline. That may also buy you some time in case this other tax preparer does once again open the business. Possibly they were called away on a famiily emergency, but they still should at least leave some type of recording on their voice mail to let the clients know what is going on.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button.

Thank you wm

Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Merlo
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant