How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RD Your Own Question
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8784
Experience:  CPA, MBA, Over 10 yrs of experience in tax planning and business consulting..
Type Your Tax Question Here...
RD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can you claim pre-tax dependent care after age 5

Resolved Question:

can you claim pre-tax dependent care after age 5
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  RD replied 7 years ago.

Do you have a flexible spending account that you would like to contribute to pre-tax?



Customer: replied 7 years ago.

this is from an fsa account can you use those funds for dependant care after age 5 a nd receive tax credits

Expert:  RD replied 7 years ago.

Yes, you can use the FSA to pay day care for your dependent even after age 5. Please note that the payment has to be for extended day care and not for the tuition fees for Kindergarten or higher grade in any private or public school/institution. If the money is used from FSA than since this pre tax you cannot claim dependent credit on the same amounts.



Let me know if you have any question.


Please note: This advice is provided with the understanding that all the relevant facts have been provided by you. Any change in facts might affect the advice given and hence may not be relied on in such cases. Nothing contained in this reply was intended or written to be used, can be used by any taxpayer, or may be relied upon or used by any taxpayer for the purposes of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.

RD and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions