Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I was in an automobile accident that resulted payments for

Customer Question
disability from my auto insurance...
I was in an automobile accident that resulted payments for disability from my auto insurance. I received over $32,000 from State Farm auto insurance in 2009. Will this be taxable? We personally paid for the insurance with money already taxed.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
2/1/2010
Tax Professional: Merlo, Accountant replied 7 years ago
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant

Hello sandy,

If your auto coverage included a provision for disability benefits in the event of an accident related disability, then as long as you are the one who paid the premiums for this coverage, this would not be taxable income to you.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button.

Thank you sandy

Merlo
Merlo, Accountant

I realized that I got this answer and then left to go to an appointment. Can you send me an email or link that I can enter my payment information on?

In other words, I still owe you $15 for my answer and I need a place to enter my charge card information!

Hello sandy,

You already paid the $15 for this question. You do not owe any additional money. But thanks for checking.

Merlo
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant